Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Jamming on the sidewalks

Brooksville, Fla. - Skater-girl is jamming her way into the political arena so Hernando gladiators need to watch out.

A local promotion artist threw her skate key into the ring to compete for District 3,  Hernando County Commission seat - the seat currently held by John Druzbick.  Her shtick is jamming on roller skates as she promotes local businesses at busy intersections in Hernando County.

Tanya Lee Marsh, 50,  is a newbie to the political arena.  As  a NPF candidate, she will move directly to the general election. She plans on using the petition method to get her name placed on the ballot.

Marsh is the owner of Tanya L. Marsh Promotions.  She gained the name of Skater-girl, jamming on sidewalks to promote local businesses.  She is a self-made woman who was once homeless, living in a tent in Hernando County.  She  attributes her good fortune in her religious beliefs. "Jesus brought me everything," Marsh says.

As a student at Hillsborough Community College in 1994, she studied criminology.  She attended HCC a second time to pursue a career in radio and television.  She labels herself  a crusader who eventually wants to host her own radio show.   She is quick to point out she doesn't want to make a career of politics.  She just wants to help everyday people, like herself, in the position of public servant.

"It's my time to support the people," Marsh says.  "It's my turn to help the people because I can see the stress in their eyes."

Increasing bus service is priority for Marsh.  She wants to see more mobility so residents can travel by bus to Pasco and Citrus Counties with ease.   She also wants to help people whom she has met in homeless camps to create jobs for them.

So, candidates, strap on your skates.  It's time to start this roller derby.

1 comment:

  1. This is the woman who told me back in April 2012 "I'd better watch out, that I have caused my friend to have trouble" only after she smelled distant cigarette smoke coming from me sitting in my friends car. She then proceeds to write down my friends plate number. Is this why my friends car has been vandalized? I wonder why she would tell me "to watch out and that my friend is in trouble. She said it very threatening and acted completely evil. Little does the woman know, that the owner of the car I was passenger in is in fact my boyfriends car, not my friends car. Yup were GAY. :)

    ReplyDelete